Thanksgiving at TCIS means lots of great food from our team. We have a potluck every year and look forward to everyone bringing their specialty. Jamie always brings Mac ‘n Cheese. The recipe may not be original but Jamie always adds some extra love when she makes it. Enjoy!
- 1 (16-ounce) box of elbow macaroni
- 1 stick of butter. cubed
- 1 (16-ounce) block of Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (5-ounce) can of evaporated milk
- 1 (10.5 ounces) can of condensed Cheddar cheese soup (such as Campbell’s®)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in the box of macaroni and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain and transfer pasta to a slow cooker.
- Add everything except the package of shredded cheese to the slow cooker and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the pasta and do not stir.
- Cook on Low for 2-4 hours
- Feel free to add toppings like bacon bits, or chives